OS lap top OPTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, you could use most if not all of those functions in XP, you just have to KNOW what do download - something the average user won't know.
well first of all, we're not really average users here, are we?
second of all, most people do understand how to use 3rd party antivirus and often antispyware software.

Though inevitably, viruses/trojans are going to be made to exploit human stupidity. The same will happen on Vista, and the increased security won't really do a lot to fix human stupidity.
while some of Vista's features will be an improvement in usability, there will always, always be bigger idiots that will still screw things up.

The easier you make things for people, the dumber people seem to get.
But if you want the 'all in one' package for grandpa without installing 10 3rd party software programs Vista is a good choice.
You only really need a few. And most 3rd party antivirus programs, etc will still be better than Microsoft's software (which most people will still use instead of Microsoft's software, even on Vista)

Sorry Apok but you cant think that just cause someone signs up on a forum that they are more than just a basic user.

This topic alone shows that the OP is just that. I mean that in the nicest way. But he doesnt like Vista cuase he never used it. Nothing more than that.

That is not something a vetern says or does. They have reasons. Yeah the talk between you and Lex isnt about normal users. But for many people who complain about Vista they dont know.

Some of your things like Common Sense. IF that was the case. Then they wouldnt be on this site talking about spyware removal now would they? They wouldnt be going thru Osiris's guide and we wouldnt have a insane amount of topics in teh Analyze and Finished area for logs that have been looked at if Common Sense was always in use.

Not everyone is a power user. Not everyone knows the stuff we do. Thinking that they do is only going to hurt them when we try to help them. Vista is perfect for those people who do not have time or know much about PC's to have the features built in and not have to find software to use to do this stuff.

My sister who is home all week with the kids by herself cause bro in law works out of town loves the features Vista gives for this reason. As do the grandparents. I jsut set it up and they dont have to worry about updates beyond the normal windows ones.

While i do agree. I think that saying that everyone is not a average user is biting off more than can be chewed.

to be honest. i get lazy and don't want to hunt down all the third party apps and all that, and with vista its all right there and does a great job.

i loved xp when it was the new thing, better then 2000, but now that vista is out i like it a lot more and xp is a thing of the past for me.

also i like the interface of vista more. :)

i dont consider my self a power user But u guys have sure enuff opend my eyes to different things i guess i fed in to the big hype abt the patch issues with later programs not being able to run on vista. there is always a back door some where ive been told so i just need to learn where it is an how to open it j/k OR I COULD WAIT FOR WINDOWS 7:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom