which one's the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
So after a few weeks of comparing and worrying over which laptop to buy, i'm down four. My basic usage will be internet surfing, some word processing, and whatever else the wife plans on doing with coupons and blogs...

I'm looking for at least a 15.5 inch screen. that's my only true set-point that I will not negotiate on. here's what i'm looking at and if anyone has any input on any of these, it would be much appreciated.

Sony - VAIO Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Gunmetal Black - VPCEB15FX/Bl

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Quantum Black - A505-S6005

Satellite A500-ST6644 Laptops | Toshiba Direct

VPCEB190X | VAIO® EB190X Configure-to-Order | Sony | Sony Style USA

So after a few weeks of comparing and worrying over which laptop to buy, i'm down four. My basic usage will be internet surfing, some word processing, and whatever else the wife plans on doing with coupons and blogs...

I'm looking for at least a 15.5 inch screen. that's my only true set-point that I will not negotiate on. here's what i'm looking at and if anyone has any input on any of these, it would be much appreciated.

Sony - VAIO Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Gunmetal Black - VPCEB15FX/Bl

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel® Core™ i3 Processor - Quantum Black - A505-S6005

Satellite A500-ST6644 Laptops | Toshiba Direct

VPCEB190X | VAIO® EB190X Configure-to-Order | Sony | Sony Style USA

Hi there,

All these laptops will be able to perform the functions that you want. The first Toshiba has the best battery life (12-cell). Is that an important factor for you or will it be staying plugged in at home?

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Yes, a 12-cell will lengthen your battery life, but it will put some weight on it as well.

MoM makes a good point about the weight of the laptop. However, the Toshiba's weight is not too heavy at 6.5 lbs. It really depends how much you will be carrying it around vs. leaving it at a desk.

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom