old dell laptop gets a awesome upgrade, please help. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2010, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question old dell laptop gets a awesome upgrade, please help.

hello I have one amazing acer aspire one with very very good specs running windows 7,I have a little crappy acer net-book with a screwed up hard drive from a magnet, it cost 200 dollars, my dell laptop witch is in the title my dad got me from his work to have it runs stuff well but after a while it's hard disk says it's failing for a long time and windows will not correctly be installed ever since the **** disc, I'm hoping for a removable usb 200 GB memory express or Kingston hard drive, I also would like some help buying a new hard drive and possibly ram and stuff for my dell laptop I don't want to wast it, I'm on laptops and pc's all day anyways, I'm hoping to put Linux and windows on it red hat Linux and windows xp witch I already have a legal copy of, and a legal copy of the code, I want to run normal software, and unusual software like fox torrent, bit torrent, eg. I am very smart, I am currently 12, I have a small Christmas budget about 200 dollars, please help me out bros I would also look into getting a hard drive for the mini net-book two cya .

Old 12-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hyper Techie
Default Re: old dell laptop gets a awesome upgrade, please help.

SO your looking to get 2 hard drives for the Acer and Dell and some ram for the Dell? That's doable but we need to know what kind of Dell it is or what kind of ram it takes.

- AMD FX8320 @ 4.2Ghz - ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer - G.Skill Ripjaws X 8gb -
- Asus Strix GTX 970 - Corsair Neutron GTX - Corsair TX 750 -
- Cooler Master HAF XB - Corsair H105 -
- Asus VG248QE - Corsair M60 & K90 -
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster

Ditto, we need to know your model before we can say if it will work.

Yes, yes. We need to know the model number of your Dell to tell you any further. There are a number different types of RAM. We can't say what will work or not.
Neowin.net Steam Account
Closed Thread