okok iknw iknw ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Ok so this is probably a really dumb question but where is the infrared port on my laptop? (acer 5573zwxmi). I've got some pictures that i need to put on my pc from my phone but i dont know where to hold my phone (lol).

Oh yeah and whats is acer gridvista?

<edit> uhhm someone please help me, i went through the user manual and there is a picture of the left hand side of my laptop which shows where the infrared port is. However on my laptop there is no such thing and for some reason i have an "infrared icon" on my control panel.

Another problem....i thought this model had no bluetooth however there is another picture indicating how to "enable/disable" it.

There are two tab things that you switch from side to side to enable and disable wireless connctvy and bluetooth. I used to use wireless and it said "wireless enabled" in green when you switch the tab thing but now it doesnt.
Could someone please clarify all this?.

-Thanks

but a bluetooth dongle... its a usb port that you can connect to your laptop... also with an infrared...some laptop have already biult in bluetooth and infrared and some may have already a software installed together with the driver but the device is not included.. which means you need to buy it..:D

IR should be easy to spot on the laptop, usually a small black or brown smooth circle or rectangle. Since IR requires LOS, it will be visible on the side or front of your laptop. If you can't see it, it probably means your laptop isn't equipped with one.

Also, some laptops (like HP's) come with "consumer IR" ports, which are proprietary and only work with things like dockable remote controls and such.

Alternatively, you could email/text the picture to your email account (if your phone has that function) and access the picture from your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom