NVIDIA Makes Laptop Graphics Drivers Available Online ... Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
NVIDIA decided to give notebook users an early Christmas present today. It's a present notebook owners have kept on their wish lists since NVIDIA first started making graphics processing units (GPUs) for notebooks ... downloadable drivers on the NVIDIA website.

For years now the only way laptop owners could find notebook graphics drivers for NVIDIA GPUs was if the notebook manufacturer was kind enough to make the drivers available or to download unofficial "hacked" drivers from various websites (drivers that were often hacked together based on desktop GPU drivers). Consumers need these drivers in order to be able to take full advantage of the latest visual computing applications and games as well as to be able to restore GPU functions after a fresh install of Windows.

Source: WinBeta | Notebook Review

Oh man, this might be the only reason why my next laptop will use an nvidia card. As much as I think ATI mobile cards tend to be better quality (obviously nowadays this is the case), this is a major selling factor for someone looking into buying a new laptop.

+5 points for nvidia. Hopefully ATI will get the hint and start this now.

Hopefully, but then again ATI"s drivers have never been quite as nice imo. But I'm an ATI fan never the less especially for mobile chipsets.

Lately I have enjoyed my 3850s drivers and software over my 8600 drivers and software that is on my laptop... laptop drivers constantly screw up and crash, my 3850 doesn't have the slightest issue with drivers failing mid game on the desktop...

^My ATI mobile drivers have always been real stable now that you mention it. I haven't had an nvidia mobile in years and that was just one card I didn't game on much. ATI's got a good handle on the mobile stuff imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom