Notebook TVTuner Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachrb

Solid State Member
I am going off to college this fall and I wont have to big of a dorm room. I own a 360 and know you can connect them to pc monitors, but notebooks dont have VGA Inputs. i found a pretty cool TV Tuner, but the best it supports is S video, but I am used to playing on a small SD TV with composite inputs.

Here the TV Tuner i want to get.

PCTV-HD_Pro_Stick_lg.jpg

Pinnacle Systems - Product summary - PCTV HD Pro Stick

What I am wondering is, will this work? I have heard there will be a big delay but I own a dual core rated(combined) at 3.6 Ghz and 2 Gig Ram.

If this wont work is there an alternative solution that I can use, to play my 360 on my notebook screen? Thanks.

So you wish to play your 360 through a laptop? From what I can tell (I am not expert on TV tuners) it should be fine.

So you wish to play your 360 through a laptop? From what I can tell (I am not expert on TV tuners) it should be fine.

Alright thank you.:D

Not to seem rude but you said you are not an expert but if someone has tried this/knows more any more info would help. Just dont want to pay $100 and this not work.

Also if there is a better product than what I posted above please tell. Just keep it around 100.

no problem I have just never had much need to learn about them.

You might like to google for a USB video capture device that might be of some use to you, if i am wrong about it not working.

Dual cores don't combine to make 3.6GHz, unless you have a Pentium D 960.

Also, if you use an input device, I doubt the quality and framerate will stay the same.

*UPDATE*
Customer Reviews Of Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick ATSC/NTSC USB TV Tuner and Capture w/ Mini Remote - Retail
Read the con.

*UPDATE 2*
Grab this instead:
Newegg.com - KWORLD DVD Maker VS- USB2800 USB 2.0 Interface - Retail
1/3 the price, better reviews
You can use composite cables instead of s-video on this one. Your XBOX should have composite cables standard, the red, white and yellow one.

Well S-video has better video quality and my 360 cable is a composite/s video cable.

Anyways. I will check that new one out. I have done lots of research on this but cant find anything relating solely on using a TV tuner with a notebook pc & 360.

Anyways are yall positive this will work. I knwo you cant watch TV in real time, but what about a 360?

Trust me, you won't notice the difference. CFLs use less power that regular lightbulb, bet the lightbulbs in your house are all the old fashion type.

You can use composite cables instead of s-video on this one. Your XBOX should have composite cables standard, the red, white and yellow one.

Just pointing this out... red/white/yellow aren't composite =P. Those are RCA. Composite is Green, Blue, and black, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom