Notebook suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves

Beta member
Hey folks i was just goin to ask for some opinions on getting a new laptop.. im about to start school and i got 1700 USD to spend and was looking for some suggestions for someone who isnt a hardcore game player but does play some and does run alot of programs and for one that should be reliable for school
ive looked at dells hp's alienware and toshibas to date

thank u ahead of time

Alienwares are overpriced, especially since you are a lightgamer.
Don't know much about Toshibas.

I recommend the Dell 1520.
If not that the HP dv6500t (i think that's the right model)

Get at least a Core 2 T7100, 2 gigs of RAM, 8400m gs (the Dell has an option for an 8600m gt).

Toshiba Satellites are good, as well as most of the Dell models. You can usually customize most, if not all of the models on the manufactuer's website, so you have some flexibility there.

toshiba: media
asus: gaming
dell: covers all bases bu not especially good at any of them
hp: buisiness
acer: well mine is very reliable and has been through a lot plus numerous attempts by me to test it to destruction including chucking it out of a 2nd storey window and it powered up again straight after without a glitch but there newer travelmate's are suppose to be prone with problems

I'd go for a HP notebook.

Customer service is good, they have an excellent collect and drop warranty repair programme and their online HP replacement parts store provides you with an impressive inventory of parts for your HP notebook.

I bought an HP Compaq NX7300 (Business Notebook) at the start of the year, and used it to the end of college. Very satisfied. Good quality, easy to carry, and superb battery life too, especially with an 8-cell.

HP have many business notebooks with varying specs, and they recently released a bunch of new notebooks in their 'balanced mobility' range. You'll find that their more pricier business notebooks have more powerful nvidia / ati graphics, as opposed to Intel GMA graphics.

For you I Would DEFINITELY suggest a IBM Laptop!!! they ARE GREAT Business Laptops, and they seem to have alright quality gaming. jut be sure you check what type of graphics card it has... lol...

IBM United States

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom