notebook hard drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.

iflorante

Solid State Member
hello..
just ask'n your opinions on this matter regarding the hard drive..
..do they really create sounds normally like tiny tik tik tik..? and if it doesn't really sounds like that normally, what could be the cause..
thanks a lot..

If the drive is making loud clicking noises...the drive is most likely dying soon. I'd back up data, and then either wait till it dies or get a new drive. If it sounds like normal drive sounds (usually a "straining" kind of sound, and maybe humming), then it's nothing to worry about. I know in my old HP when I replaced it with a 320GB SeaGate SATA drive, it was making straining noises (but not clicking), and it still works fine..in fact, I'm using it in my current custom build right now, and it's been working fine for 6+ months.

ah ok..
its only a month old one with my notebook computer.
at first i didnt heard the sound but when the system was hard booted, the hard drive begin to create sound..not so loud but notice the 'tick'..
thanks by the way..

Are you noticing any performance issues? If not, I wouldn't worry to much considering its age. However if you want to take an extra step of caution, backup any data you consider to be valuable.

Yes normally notebook hard drives make a tiny tick noise , usually noticeable at idle. Some notebooks have an accoustic mode in the bios to quite the drive down. A very loud clicking is not good. There are now 32 gig Ummm , the term exscapes me now, so i will say solid state... like a 32 gig memory card.hard drive with no moving parts and supposedly really make a notebook fly. Of course they are about $300-$400 and make no noise. Your notebook is probably SATA anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom