Not computer literate/Acer Aspire 3680...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripod

Solid State Member
"Internet Explorer cannot display webpage",this is what I get when going to my Homepage after initial turn on (about 10 min) and 90% of my bookmarks.I must click on different bookmarks 3 to 4 times to connect.Does same on a lot of ads on top of page after I connect and am going thru mail.This all started about 2 months ago and is progressively getting worse.Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

Hello,

What OS are you running? Windows XP or Windows Vista? What version of IE do you have? IE6 or IE7? IE7 would be the only one available on Vista.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Can you access the web for email and other things? Is it just IE that is causing you problems?

Cheers,
Mak

I use Yahoo as my home page,I click on Yahoo icon and get cant connect mess,than click on bookmarked AOL and get same mess,than to gmail bookmark,same mess,than back to Yahoo icon and might get it or may have to continue hitting bookmarks.

Hello,

That doesnt help. If the issue is isolated to IE you would be able to conenct with a Instant Messanger or EMail application. Without knowing if you can connect with Firefox or some other software we can not say if it is just a IE issue or not.

Cheers,
Mak

fter many ties I get into one of my mails and wriye and receive email with no problems.As I said,I am bot computer literate and use computer for messageboards,emails and search engines.Wish I could be more clear in my problems,but Im about to throw this cheapa**ed computer in the trash and get one thats wothwhile!Thanx for trying.

Hello,

I just needed to know if you could connect. Now that i see it is fully related to IE i can help you along. ;)

Go into your Start Menu. Look for a option in there for Internet Explorer No Add-ons. See if IE works then. If So one of your add ons is corrupting IE. Which is not uncommon.

From here go Tools>Manage Add-ons. Disable them all. Now restart IE. It should start up normally now. From here enalbe your Add-ons 1 by 1 to see which one is the problem causer and then go back into the IE No Add-ons and remove it completely. This will allow you to use IE without any issues from now on.

Let me know how it works out.

Cheers,
Mak

did trial and error on"add-ons currently in IE".disabled 4 (all) of them,no change. In "add-ons that have been used" there are a load of them-Do I do those too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom