No Desktop boot and welcome screen repeat.... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy No Desktop boot and welcome screen repeat....

I am using Compaq Presario CQ40 Laptop with Windows 7 Home Basic. Yesterday I just kept a Torrent download under progress and went out.After returning to home I found the laptop shutdown. The power was out and since my battery backup is very less it shutdowned immediately.When I tried to restart the system I used the Start windows normally option from the Windows Error Recovery Screen.Starting Windows was okay but afterwards The Welcome Screen keeps on blinking for nearly 5 sec. time period.No Desktop boot. Only the Welcome screen is being shown that too without the Welcome message.I again tried the Safe mode option but here too the same problem.Please advice me whether its a software/hardware problem asap. I have my project thesis to complete urgently..please.
Facts about my system:
2 1/2 years old,
Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
Battery backup 5 min. Message to replace the battery is always shown before the startup

Grenador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: No Desktop boot and welcome screen repeat....

Was this torrent a legal one, for legit software? Do you have a recovery/repair disk? If so, pop it in and let the system repair itself. If you don't have one, you can contact HP to get a new one, IIRC.
tj_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote