nextbook flexx 11 need help!!!

wnehez

Beta member
Hey everyone. I am brand new. Need some help. I just bought a nextbook flexx 11 and also a Toshiba canvio connect external hard drive 1 tb. The reason I got it is because my laptop is about to go and I have a lot of pics and videos I don't wanna lose. When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, it was able to copy the files onto the hard drive. When I plug it into the 2.0 usb on the nextbook, it just makes a slight continuous beep and says it an unrecognized device. It doesn't show in disk management and in device management it shows a triangle next to the usb mass storage device. I'm assuming it's because the tablet is not providing enough power to spin the drive. AM I wrong or right? Is there an adaptor or secret short cut to power the hard drive seperate and then access the information on it via my next book? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure if that will work since the plug that comes from the hdd is only one usb. I don't think the usb hub transfers data does it? I tried a 2.0 hub but it didn't connect to the tablet at all. Not even a "unrecognized device". Can I use a female usb that splits into two male usb plugs to plug into both usb ports on the keyboard of the nextbook to power and connect the HD to the tablet? Does anyone have this nextbook or something similar?

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure if that will work since the plug that comes from the hdd is only one usb. I don't think the usb hub transfers data does it? I tried a 2.0 hub but it didn't connect to the tablet at all. Not even a "unrecognized device". Can I use a female usb that splits into two male usb plugs to plug into both usb ports on the keyboard of the nextbook to power and connect the HD to the tablet? Does anyone have this nextbook or something similar?

A powered USB hub would be easier to find than the power+data USB.

Yes a hub transfers data. It has to be a powered hub (i.e. plugs into a wall outlet).

Ok. So I buy the hub, plug in the hard drive via its usb plug. It will turn on. Then just run a usb to usb from the hub to the nextbook? Sorry I never used a hub before.

Yes, the hub will come with a USB cable - probably a Male USB-A to Male USB-Mini-B

Plug that into the hub, plug the hub into the power outlet, plug your external HDD into the hub and it should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom