New Wireless Card - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default New Wireless Card

I have a Alienware M5700 Laptop that is having network connect problems with wireless, I have a feeling the wireless card is bad so I want to replace it. The thing is that I want to replace it with something that can handle N signal. The model number on the current broken one is WM3B2200BG Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, I want something that is compatible but will be able to use the N signal. Not sure how to figure that out.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: New Wireless Card

As far as I know, the wireless card is on a Mini-PCI-e port. Same with desktops, any device, as long as it has drivers for your OS, you are fine.

I had to replace my wireless card on my Dell. I bought the same card off Ebay, because I didn't need N.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On