New To The Site but need assistance!

Meerkhat

Beta member
So I just received a used laptop from my father, he was going to trash it because it doesn't have a battery but still works plugged in. I wiped the computer and all its content, the only things installed is Avast, League Of Legends, Discord and CCleaner.

Specs:
Intel Core2 CPU T5500 @1.66GHz
4.0GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FAX 350M
Windows 10

The issue that I am running in to is that everything is loading rather slowly, scrolling takes a bit, opening Firefox takes a bit to load I ran a full Virus Scan, and used CCleaner and I'm still having the issue of my computer running slow. Could anyone assist me on finding a solution? (LoL is laggy and loads slowly as well)

Any help is appreciated!

Check your startup items (MSCONFIG or with CCleaner) and turn off anything unnecessary. That may help.

The hard drive is probably a 5400rpm which are dog crap slow no matter what. Moving to an SSD will make a world of difference.

As an aside, you can find OEM batteries on eBay fairly cheap (if you want to be able to go portable).

There is no more solutions, only clean instal, of possible OS partition not more than 100 -110 GB, if possible, use x86, ie 32-bit Windows and be very-very patient.
This PC is simply very old, there is two core processor, but the frequency is so slow.
I have here one similar, the same processor etc. Yes, it works, but You must be patient, carefully clean it, ie cache files, junk files, obsolete registry entries etc.
Also is needed very good defrag, if You have HDD drive. If somebody have installed SSD, then it is a bit faster.
So - the best solution is to buy newer as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom