New laptop under $800 needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
I don't really do laptops but I got asked to make some recommendations on a sub $800 CAN laptop (cheaper the better). Just did some searching and came up with these options, just wanted some feedback on the best deal.

Its use is very general , around the house, take home work stuff, no gaming or intense graphics needed.

I'm looking at the Gateway M-7332H from Best buy on sale for $600:

Computers: Laptops: Gateway 15.4" Laptop featuring Intel Pentium Processor T4200 (M-7332H) | Best Buy Canada Web Store

The HP DV6-1124CA from future shop at $700:

Future Shop: Computers: Laptops: HP Pavilion 16.0" AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 Dual-Core 2.10GHz Laptop (DV6-1124CA)

and the Toshiba L300-0HH from Future Shop at $680:

Future Shop: Computers: Laptops: Toshiba Satellite 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0GHz Laptop (L300-0HH) - Future Shop Exclusive

I'm leaning towards the Gateway due to lowest cost for similar specs, just curious how the X2 2.1Ghz stands up to the C2D 2.0Ghz. As well as the GMA 4500 video vs the RS780M.

Any help is appreciated

I had a feeling you'd say go check them out, bah was looking to avoid the stop ins, nothing close bye.

Newegg.com, I need CAN websites, considering they were looking at $800, a $600 system is a substantial savings.

If you don't care that much about raw performance why not look into the new CULV (Consumer Ultra Low Voltage) Intel systems, like the Acer Timeline? I don't particularly like Acer, but there are several brands with them already. It's the ones that the CPUs are marked as SUxxxx or Core Solo. You get very good battery life, very good weight/screen size ratio, and much better performance than a netbook. Oh and the prices are around 600-700 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom