New Laptop Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about getting a new laptop here in the near future. Classes have started back up and I've also started my own small (very small LOL) business on the side to make a little extra money. I currently have a Lenovo Ideapad Y550P and it has been great to me. It still is. However, I'd just like to get something a little newer that also has a little bit better battery life. It currently gets around 75 to 90 minutes a charge. However, the battery is the original and I am one of those people that usually keeps his screen brightness turned up all the way. I also bought this Lenovo as a bit of a gaming laptop which this new one I won't rely on for very much.

Anyways, I'd like something new preferably with one of the new i5 Sandy Bridges that has good battery life. Size wise, I don't like smaller than 13" and don't want larger than 15". Obviously, something that will be easily portable. As previously stated, this new laptop will not be used to game much. The most intense game I'll be playing on it is WoW and as long as it can run it around medium or so graphics that will be perfectly fine for me. I am looking for more of a work horse that will be able to take on a lot of tasks at once. I am one of those people that multi-tasks quite a bit and will have Firefox, Thunderbird, Word, Excel, and plus more open all at the same time switching back and forth. This will become my work and school laptop basically.

I am a big fan of Lenovo ever since getting this laptop but also really like ASUS and ACER America. I know I don't want a MAC, Dell, or HP. Any suggestions? I am not sure if I am getting this right away and price wise I'd like to keep it around $800ish but the lower the better as long as I don't have to sacrifice a ton. I don't mind looking at Recertified deals if one is out there for a really good price.

Any suggestions or ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

check out the lenovo outlet. they have KILLER Thinkpad deals; the catch is there is only one quantity of the product left so you will have to add the product to you cart QUICK before someone else does. it took me an hour of refreshing the page to finally settle on a Thinkpad x220 i7 for $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom