New Laptop Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it weren't for the standard res on the X220, I'd personally be really tempted. I know it's only 12.5" so there's not a lot of room for improvement in res, but still.

So, guys after talking with my dad, he told me if I waited until November he would assist me with the purchase of a new laptop. I don't know how much that will mean money wise, but maybe I can save enough of my money to also build a desktop around the same time.

So I will not be purchasing one right now, as bad as I want and could use it. I am going to wait on extra funding and hey who knows something better may be available.

I just want to thank all of you for your help!

Yami:1927706 said:
If it weren't for the standard res on the X220, I'd personally be really tempted. I know it's only 12.5" so there's not a lot of room for improvement in res, but still.

Honestly the pixel density on the x220 is pretty good at 1366x768, upping it to 1600x900 would make the laptop very difficult to use for most people. Plus it is a 300nit IPS display making it much more pleasant to use than the dim and murky screens on most other ultraportables. Display quality was my primary concern when I bought my laptop and in that regard you can't beat the x220.

I'm usually not a fan of warranties, but I'd recommend picking up a lappy toppy from Best Buy or a similar retailer that offers a good warranty. And by good, I mean them fixing it for you at no extra cost down the line and offering a loaner.

I bought this Gateway FX in 2008. Dedicated Nvidia GPU 512mb, has a P9700 CPU in it. Well after about 2 years, from opening closing it, I got the dreaded cable/solder problem and I started to get lines in the screen. Basically, the soldering comes apart from the MB that connects to the screen. Took it to BB and they fixed it at no extra cost (I got the 3 year warranty). Having the repair done alone would have run +300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom