new Cooler mat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I was looking for the fabric one that was recommended here, but they didn't have it at Fry's when I went, so I saw this one and I liked the design so I figured I'd try it out.

The fan keeps the metal grate cool, which cools the bottom of the laptop. Large contact area and it is all open. It covers the whole bottom of my laptop, has a grille in the back of the mat so when I have the it on my lap, it won't choke the fan air supply. Also has adjustable fan speeds and another USB jack.

I had another cheap-o fan mat and it really didn't work that good at all.. Piece of crap I got at Wall Mart.. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Just thought I'd share. I've been out of the PC world for a couple months, so I am out of touch to the new tech, right now. -Yeah, 6 months is missing out on a LOT! :lol:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER NOTEPAL X2 Notebook Cooler Model R9-NBC-4WAK-GP

34-997-727-TS

Cooler Master is a good manufacturer. I had many things of them. That cooler looks promising.

Forget Wal-Mart. They do have low prices, but the quality is low as well.

(BTW, that isn't a mat, but you got the idea)

^ Yeah, I realized that.. Fan-pad, thingy.. haha..

I'm thinking about building a new rig around January, so I gotta chime back in so I can get the low-down for a m/m rig.. :D

-=EDIT=-

I'vve been using this for a couple hours now and it seems to work a lot better than the other one I had. It's still a lot cooler even being on my lap over the other cap-flat I had before. When the fan had an unrestricted intake, the bottom of the laptop stays pretty darn cool.

Good product so far.. It's got my vote.. ;)

I've always liked Cooler Master, it's a nice laptop cooler, but that light on the top is kinda pointless when you have a laptop on it.

^ WT....... ???? That's left field alright..

Anyway.. I want to get two temps for each on my lap and on the desk with and without the cooler. I'm seeing a good difference already! About a good 17*c difference! I gave it about five minutes in each position and waited for the temps to stabilize. Good and warmed up. FF open with 10 tabs open. Ambient AC in the house set to 72*f.

Lap Hot (no cooler)
laphot.jpg

Desk Hot (no cooler)
hotdesk.jpg

Lap Cool (with cooler)
coolonlap.jpg

Desk cool (with cooler)
cooldesk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom