New Asus K53E Running Slow, Freezing up, Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert1

Solid State Member
I just bought a new asus laptop from Best Buy last week for school. I haven't changed it much, except for doing the backup, installing microsoft office 2003, and downloading Mcafee. I am having tons of probems with it freezing up and running slowly. I am not a computer geek, but I know a brand new computer should run a lot faster/better. I don't know a lot of computer lingo, so bear with me. I'm really not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?
Thank you for you time
Robert

I did all that, but apparently I'm not allowed to post pictures. Is there something in particular to look for?

hwmoniterscreenshot8291.jpg

I think it might have a fever from looking at the temps- they are over 98 degrees :tongue:

Not a heating problem. I'd next try out your RAM, could be limiting the amount available. Get Memtest86+, burn the ISO to a CD, and boot with it. Run it for at least two passes. Any errors, it shall be your RAM.

I am not a computer geek, so I don't really understand what you are talking about. If this stuff is going to be too complicated for me then please let me know and don't waste your time on it. I can figure stuff out, but my knowledge of computers is somewhat limited.

I forgot to mention that sometimes it doesn't seem like it's running slow at all really, but other times it won't work at all.

Thank you for your help
Robert

Right now it's running great- two hours ago I could barely do anything
It really frustrates me that I'm already having problems after just two weeks

If you had said where you got confused would be easier, but..

1. Download http://www.memtest.org/download/4.20/memtest86+-4.20.iso.zip
2. Extract the .Zip file.
3. The place you extracted it to, you will see a mt420.ISO file.
4. Burn it to a CD, using ImgBurn Burn the ISO file.
5. Restart the computer with the CD in.
6. If it doesn't detect the CD, you may need to change boot priority in BIOS.
7. Just let Memtest86+ run for 2 passes.

Edit: Please do not double post within 24 hours. Use the pencil icon, lower right of your post.

Okay... I downloaded the file. I clicked on it, and some kind of disc burning program came up and I burned it to a cd. I put the cd in and restarted the system. Nothing seemed different compared to a normal restart, so I am assuming it didn't detect the cd. I don't know how to change the boot priority

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom