New AMDs or stick with the....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LostSoul

Solid State Member
I'm going to buy another laptop, but I was wondering
1. Are the new AMD laptop processors worth waiting for or should I just buy a laptop with i7?
2. When are the new AMD laptop processors coming out anyway?
3. I don't know as much about computers as the people that are going to help me in this thread, but FOR THE MOST PART I know what to look for. What companies do you guys suggest are have the best performance for the price? I'm going to spend about 2000-3000 so price isn't too much of an issue. lol

1. Got for the Intel. I find that the build quality of the rest of the laptop is better. I have seen too many AMD based laptop come back dead. I don't mind AMD for a Desktop system as you can control what get put into it. But when the manufacturer as paid less money for the CPU, what else did they skimp out on.

2. Not sure. When AMD get around to it.

3. With your budget, I would not even brother as looking at an AMD laptop as you can clearly pick up an intel based one. When it comes down to performance, it really comes down to what you are planning on doing with it.
Are you going to use this laptop for gaming? Or is this just going to be use for media? Is are you just wanting some thing to get onto the internet and use it for applications?
With the amount of money you are looking at spending, you might want to look at some thing like MSI or Asus. Both are quality laptop as they carry a standard of 2 year warranty. And they seems to be excellent value for money.

What companies would you guys recommend? I can't find any MSI or ASUS laptops that have even near the specs I'm looking for. =/

Edit: I was wrong I found this one which still isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but have you guys seen any better laptops with a good price tag on it. (Still from 2000-3000 doesn't have to be ASUS or MSI as long as it's still a pretty recommended company. Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G71Gx-A2 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000(2.00GHz) 17.0" Wide UXGA 6GB Memory 640GB HDD 7200rpm BD Combo NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - Laptops / Notebooks

Edit: Again, ya lol I was originally looking for an i7 9xx maybe with SLI (SLI alone might put the laptop over my range) with at least 3gb ddr3. (4gb is preferable) Unless you guys have any other suggestions on this...... but ya looking for something along those lines little less or a little more is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom