Never Ending welcome screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
My Acer Aspire 5100 laptop had about 128 threats after i scanned it with avg in safemode...(sisters fault, not mine) i got rid of the threats... and a problem that i had orignally thought was the virues fault keeps happening... never ending Welcome screen for windows XP right before it gives u the option for which accont u want to get into.

If its a new problem ill keep experimenting for soloutions but hopfully someone knows how to get rid of it.

thx in advance

drizzt

*respectfully bump*

I scanned again in safe mode but cant install updates or anything in safe mode... I tried getting rid of the welcome screen but it still freezes when i enter password and name and press ok.

It would be nice if i didnt have to reformat... cause i think i would need a windows xp media center edition disc which i dont have

I was thinking of backing up some recently downloaded files, doing one of those rollbacks or whatever they are called back to the time when i COULD log in....

please help

have you tried chkdsk/scandisk?
and what is your specific loopback? The system restarts constantly or just freezes at welcome?

If you haven't already try chkdsk and scandisk, then post back.

Does the system freeze and go no further on the welcome screen or does it crash and restart - or just normally restart.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom