Need Suggestions for a Laptop to Game on

TheDevilsLuck

Beta member
Hello everyone, first post, so hope I'm doing it right. Anyways, I need a good laptop to game on. I travel around a lot, and it is more convenient than a full desktop. I have been looking around and realized I forgot everything I ever knew about computers, so I just need some advice and recommendations. I also worry a laptop might be more prone to overheating while running games, so hopefully there's laptops that can handle it.

Thanks for reading and or helping. I would greatly appreciate it.

What kind of games are you planning on running? What's your budget for a laptop? Are you against getting a used system over a new system?

Just any sort of online multiplayer game. CS: GO, Rocket league. Not really the most computer intense stuff.

Probably fine in the 2000$ and under range.

I'd probably rather it be new, but I'm open to all suggestions as I don't know what I'm doing.

You can get some good deals on used MSI's and Asus gaming laptops for around $1k that have GTX 970m's in them...which would be more than enough to play any of those games. New they'll be $1500-2k...but if you find a good condition used one then you shouldn't have any issues. All 3 gaming notebooks I've owned (including my current MSI GT70) have all been used systems. The one I got now is even off of eBay.

A few things i'd recommend:
1. Avoid GT/M GPUs in laptops. A common misconception is that these are gaming GPUs, because even MSI advertises them as part of their gaming series. These GPUs are meant for media and streaming HD videos. Not gaming. Look for GTX laptop GPUs. Those are the gaming-oriented GPUs.
2. MSI/Asus.
3. Get a great laptop cooling pad. It definitely helps keep your laptop temps down, in turn helping durability. Something like this? Cooler Master NotePal U3 PLUS – Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad with 3 Moveable High Performance Fans – Black - Newegg.com

Also, you mentioned you're a traveler? I'd recommend a hardcore laptop backpack or hardshell carrying case. I remember Barnacules Nerdgasm did a really cool review on an awesome Hackshield backpack shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqIMurc6_2I

Good luck and happy gaming!

Back
Top Bottom