need some help. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default need some help.

1st off. Im new to this forums and I hope I put this in the right place.

Recently someone let me use there laptop I was out in a forest park centre and was using wi fi connection. anyways I guess I didn't disconnect the internet and shut off the computer. anyways the person is sayin that someone hacked there computer by turnin it on with the battery.

They took it to someone sayin they were going to see what the hacker took, now there sayin they can't get into windows cause someones changed the password yet they said they got all the files on the computer out of there.

They also said there battery wouldn't charge over 11% before but now it charges higher.

I find this all not to make sense with itself, how can you get in ur computer and see all this and get ur files if its passworded. Im not the smartest when it comes to hackers and all that so I was hoping so one can give me some input.

also wouldn't the person hackin ur computer have to be close by using the connection? cause like I said I was in a forest park centre with the hotspot bein in limited range

Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: need some help.

Would like any insight on this..

or mayby direct me to a forum better for these kinds of problems.

Closed Thread