need some help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2007, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default need some help

alright i am trading my desktop, which isnt good since all my good stuff blew. i am giveing my dad the the computer back so he could use to sell and he is getting me a laptop. since i am going into college real soon i'll need a good laptop that would be decent for my college years. also being a heavy gamer, so i will prefer a good gameing laptop that will give me my gaming pleasure and get the job done that is needed to be done. Speed and power is a must and is very important to me. i like to multi task so i'll have about 15 thing running so i'll need it to handle it very will.

i know the xps is a good gaming computer but it is pricey.. my max may be of 3k hoping for less tho. i heard that toshiba satellite is a very good laptop and i did look up some of it and liked what i saw from the toshiba satellite x205 s9359 but is it really something to go for. also i have heard of the batteries being terrible, like it over heats fast, it dies, also heard toshiba computers die pretty fast itself. is it true or just a false rumor.

hear is a list of some laptop i looked at and took consideration to.
dell inspiron1720 1,994$
toshiba satellite x205 s9359 2,150-2,500$
dell xps m170 $?

please help me, a bit cheap but good. plz post which might be best for the money in my spending range or plz mention any other laptops.
- thank you all, greatly appreciate for any of ur help.
Closed Thread