need personal computer tech. in col. ohio - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default need personal computer tech. in col. ohio

I am looking for a personal computer tech. to help me out im always having some kind of problem with my laptops and i dont want to take it to a business there way to expensive, so if theres any one out there whos looking to do some side work please contact me.thanks.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: need personal computer tech. in col. ohio

Depends on the issue - i can do remote support. Email me and we can talk.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well my laptop has always worked fine and one day the screen just wouldnt turn on, at first when i would turn the computer on i could here the noise like the fan or whatever that sound it makes when it comes on, but a few times later the lights by the on button would still come on but no sound anymore and still no screen, its a windows hp, is this an area u would know something about? and my boyfriends laptop is messed up too actually i think he has a couple of them thats messed up but im not sure wuts wrong with his ill have to have him explain it. sissy.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar

Sounds like your hard drive has failed or your screen has gone out. I think it is your hard drive as you would at least hear something (like the windows log in) if it was truely just the screen.

To test it out connect your laptop to an external monitor and see if you get an image. I don't know your situation, but if you can afford it I would purchase a IDE/SATA converter kit (like 15 bucks) that you could connect to your hard drive after taking it out. Then you connect it to a working computer through USB and then you could at least get your information off of the drive. At that point you could purchase a new hard drive.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I"m from Columbus Ohio. I don't usually take laptops apart (I'll upgrade the hdd and ram though) as I have huge hands. but I have a friend that do. I send him the laptops that I need taken apart. pm me if you interested

I can fix your boyfriend's laptop if it's software related or bad ram or something or I can refer him out too.
Closed Thread