Need a new laptop for my parents for everyday use - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Need a new laptop for my parents for everyday use

Hi everyone,

I want to buy a new laptop for my parents because their old laptop is working very slowly and laggy and it would be a nice birthday present. They would only use the laptop for everyday tasks like net surfing, watching movies, using Microsoft Office so just simple things.

Budget is 270 pounds.

Size should be ideally >=14".

Screen resolution doesn't really matter. The higher, the clearer is always better but it isn't a specific requirement.

It would be more like a desktop replacement because they don't have a desktop, they only ever used laptops.

Battery life would be important but certainly isn't the highest priority because they usually stay at home so can charge the battery whenever they want.

Because my father likes storing the better movies and series he found on the HDD, it would be a high priority feature so I would say >=500GB would be the best.

Now, longevity I would say is the highest priority and yeah, I know that the cheaper the product, usually the less it lasts but still... A trustable name is always a good starting point.

Optical drives are irrelevant.

Dell, Asus, Acer, HP, Toshiba, Samsung... it doesn't really matter, I never had any bad experiences with any brand, used HP, Asus and Toshiba myself and haven't had any issues with them.
Oldsequences is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, cheap, new laptop