Need a Laptop! (The Usual) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Need a Laptop! (The Usual)

Well I'll be going off to college this fall and I need to get a laptop... I've said no to desktops becausei need it to be portable obiv... but I can't decide between these two laptops. One is the Asus G55vw and the other is the MSI GE60.

My budget is nothing over $1.4k and nothing bigger than a 15.6" screen.

I am a gamer and I intend to be playing Dota2, Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, TF2, CS:GO, and etc. I'll be undergoing a degree for graphic design, so I'll be expecting to use the adobe programs. I want this laptop to keep up for years to come.

I don't know a ton about computers but I could be qualified as a novice... if you have any other recommendations feel free to throw some out.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Networking Apprentice
Default Re: Need a Laptop! (The Usual)

Well all I can recommend is stay away from Acer. Although their high end ones are good but others brands whoop them. You have chosen well with that Asus should serve you well
If you liked what I say or just want to share the love click the scales on the bottom left of my post. :)
Closed Thread