Need help using the built in bluetooth on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightingBird

In Runtime
Got a couple of laptops for gifts for others this recent christmas. Got an extra one of these for myself.

Products & Services - Notebooks

I bought them both from newegg.

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS7520-5311 NoteBook AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58(1.90GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 2GB DDR2 667 160GB DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G - Retail

I have the bluetooth button on the laptop and I've searched and searched on how to find some application to run a search for my bluetooth but nothing. I downloaded this driver thinking this would correct the problem:

Bluetooth_Broadcom_v6.0.1.5000_Vista

Again nothing...

I went into the help section of my vista and I got these directions:

Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.

There is no "bluetooth devices".

Can anyone help me. If I was wrong and for some reason this laptop does not have a built in bluetooth antenna is there a inexpensive solution so I can use my current bluetooth with my laptop?

If you don't have a blue device in your laptop, the cheapest way i could think of is to buy an external bluetooth dongle which you can plug into your USB port. That should do the trick. You can then get connected with your mobile phone etc. I bought mine for a couple of quids from ebay.

Ah ok a dongle.

So let me make sure I understand this then. I can purchase a usb bluetooth dongle device. Something like this:

Amazon.com: BLUETOOTH 1.2/2.0 USB 2.0 100M: Electronics

It comes with software. I'll install it and I can link up my current headset up to my laptop so I can use it as a microphone for voice programs like speech to text or ventrillo for voice over net talking to other people.

Just trying to make sure I buy the right device.

^As long as your headset is bluetooth-enabled i don't see why it won't connect to your computer using the dongle ;) I don't even need to install the installation software, i just insert the dongle into my USB port and i can connect to my mobile phone. It should work with any bluetooth-enabled devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom