Need help using the built in bluetooth on my laptop. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2007, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to LightingBird Send a message via MSN to LightingBird Send a message via Yahoo to LightingBird
Default Need help using the built in bluetooth on my laptop.

Got a couple of laptops for gifts for others this recent christmas. Got an extra one of these for myself.

Products & Services - Notebooks

I bought them both from newegg. - Acer Aspire AS7520-5311 NoteBook AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58(1.90GHz) 17.0" Wide XGA+ 2GB DDR2 667 160GB DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G - Retail

I have the bluetooth button on the laptop and I've searched and searched on how to find some application to run a search for my bluetooth but nothing. I downloaded this driver thinking this would correct the problem:

Again nothing...

I went into the help section of my vista and I got these directions:

Click the Start button , click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.

There is no "bluetooth devices".

Can anyone help me. If I was wrong and for some reason this laptop does not have a built in bluetooth antenna is there a inexpensive solution so I can use my current bluetooth with my laptop?

Old 12-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Need help using the built in bluetooth on my laptop.

it means you don't have any bluetooth devices. Ex: bluetooth headphones, cellphone, ect.

I think that the range for bluetooth is 10ft. So if you do have a bluetooth device you can only be a max of 10ft away I think.
Closed Thread