Need Help with Toshiba - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Exclamation Need Help with Toshiba

Ok, so I have a laptop (Toshiba satellite a105). The problem with that laptop is that after i spend some time using it, it gives me an error. The texts are garbled and the program icons disappear. The start menu looks empty and the shudown dialog box becomes transparent. the text change their font and shape. Things become black. So i can't really stay on this laptop long enough to do something.

I know, it is really not an amazing description, but i receive a 12d error (in hex) sometimes and i receive "not a valid win32 app" error. I think there is a memory leak. My dad sent the laptop to fix in the company, the company charged him 80 bucks. The problem didn't get fixed and my dad was too lazy to ship it back in the company within 1 week. I do have a hardware warranty. The problem started with one of the random MS update (btw i have xp media center 2002 version with 1.6 intel R (centrino duo) and 1 gb of ram).

So the question: what should i do? is this a software problem? a hardware problem? is there any way to find out (i have run scan disk and searched on google, but nothing is coming up)? Help really appreciated.

Thank You.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
I know <html>, do you?
Send a message via AIM to SYL\X/3K Send a message via Yahoo to SYL\X/3K
Default Re: Need Help with Toshiba

turn it off, unplug the power cord , take out the battery/ Ram if its not onboard, and let it settle for 10 mins to clear up
Something like that happened to my Compaq 700 series where my icons started to twitch , so i just cleared up the memory and works fine

P3 Setup- Intel 1.0ghz , 512Mb SDRAM , ATI 9200 128MB, 2x 40GB HD, Asus CUSL-LV

.....:::::POST Troubleshooting Steps.___.My Rig.___.Memory Test:::::.....
Old 09-08-2007, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Need Help with Toshiba

I can't take out the ram because it's under warrenty (and its my dad's). So i will take out the batter for 10 mins. Should that do the trick or i have to take out the ram? the point of this is to fix it without opening, and if i know for fact that it's a hardware fault, then i can send it in the company to get a free replacement for the rams, otherwise they won't do anything.
Closed Thread