Need help from someone with a gateway netbook PLZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokernod

In Runtime
Heres the problem:

A friend of mine who is in a wheelchair has a brand new Gateway LT2021u Netbook w/ windows XP, and Shes busted the LCD screen (so its unlikely that Gateway or Amazon will replace it for her). I need someone with the same or very similar laptop to go though the key sequences (Not using the mouse because, ofcouse, cant see the screen) to use and switch to the external Monitor plug so that I can hook up a fullsize monitor and still be able to use the laptop.
I need someone who understands the keyboard funtions and doesnt need to use the mouse. If someone can help me with this I would very much appreciate it and it would help a very nice girl out immensely.

I need to be able to follow your "keys only" instructions to switch on the external monitor, switch that monitor to "Primary" and then turn off the LCD screen so that the full desktop switches to the full size monitor. If you need anymore info just let me know.

Thank you to anyone that can help me.

Also, MODS....If I can put this anywhere else so that other people who may not see it WILL see it, I would appreciate the chance to do so.........I really would like to help this young lady, she had that laptop only 2 days when it got broken.......she doesnt know how it got broken.

Can't you call Gateway up? they do have warranties on that..
^ What he said and when you connect the external display, doesn't it detect automatically? I'm not positive with this but so far with this laptop (Toshiba Satellite A-215) which uses ATI Radeon graphics card and Catalyst software detects external displays automatically and clones the default display to it.

As far as I know, it should detect it automatically. Might not see the BIOS screen, but I believe you'll see something once you get into Windows.

I have had a satellite and Yes, they do detect automatically for movies.......but this Netbook does not. It does detect but doesnt automatically "Extend" the desktop. You have to go into display settings and choose the other screen and check the box, blah blah blah.....you know what Im talking about. Since you cant see the "Primary" monitor screen, you cant just mouse around and switch everything over.

I was told that it was created made in 2005 and that its a single core with 1 GB RAM, I was surprised at that. Didnt even know they made single core computers anymore, LOL.

Product Features

* 1.6GHz Intel N270 Atom Processor
* 1024MB DDR2 533MHz Memory
* 160 GB SATA Hard Drive, Integrated 0.3 Megapixel Webcam
* Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3, 3-cell Li-ion Battery (2200 mAh), up to 3-hours of battery life
* 10.1-Inch SD WSVGA High Brightness LED-backlit Display, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Processor, Memory, and Motherboard

* Hardware Platform: PC
* Processor: 1.60 GHz Intel Atom
* Number of Processors: 1
* RAM: 1000 MB
* RAM Type: SODIMM

Hard Drive

* Size: 160 GB
* Type: Serial ATA

Cases and Expandability

* Size (LWH): 7.24 inches, 10.17 inches, 1.03 inches
* Weight: 2.62 pounds

And about the warranty:
* Amazon.com Returns Policies: You may return any new computer purchased from Amazon.com that is "dead on arrival," arrives in damaged condition, or is still in unopened boxes, for a full refund within 30 days of purchase. Amazon.com reserves the right to test "dead on arrival" returns and impose a customer fee equal to 15 percent of the product sales price if the customer misrepresents the condition of the product. Any returned computer that is damaged through customer misuse, is missing parts, or is in unsellable condition due to customer tampering will result in the customer being charged a higher restocking fee based on the condition of the product. Amazon.com will not accept returns of any desktop or notebook computer more than 30 days after you receive the shipment. New, used, and refurbished products purchased from Marketplace vendors are subject to the returns policy of the individual vendor.

Since she actually put some stuff on it, it is technically used......so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom