Need help with some drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Beta member
Compact C500--Had vista on it and my user can't stand vista so I rolled back to XP and I can't get the audio to work. I've tried about everything I can think of. Any suggestions or any advice from someone who has been through this is greatly appreciated.

Exactly what have you tried??? Telling us that you have tried everything you can think of doesn't help us help you..

Have you gone to the manufacturers website for the Sound card or onboard sound and downloaded the specific driver that way?

If its a sound card have you tried disabling the sound card, then removing it, then turning on PC and allowing XP to realize there is no longer a sound card attached, then turn off PC and reinstall card. PC on, and try installation of Driver.

Sorry,
I've gone to the website and tried every driver that they have. I've been googling this issue with the c500 and have found that a number of other people have an unusually hard time finding the audio drivers for it. I've tried a few other fixes that were published online but they didn't work. If I could just find someone who has a valid audio driver for c500 xp it might work, but the ones I've tried haven't so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom