Need help finding a laptop.

FrostyNoire

Solid State Member
First of all, I'm chronically ill. Understanding things is hard for me and I know very little about laptops and computers, so I'll need to be walked through a lot of things.

I currently have a Dell N5010 (with Windows 7), I've had it for about 2 years or more and it's failing. (Needs a new battery, lags horribly while playing minecraft (6fps is average), and overheats very fast. (I currently have a Belkin fan to help.)) I've read it's not worth upgrading/replacing parts. Your opinion on that?

Due to my chronic illness I am lying in bed all day or on a good day, sitting at my desk. That is why I need the versatility of a laptop. I am also on it most of my waking hours, so I need something that can handle that much usage.

I am currently only using it to browse the web (I use chrome), watch videos/films (provided by the internet), and play minecraft. I do want the laptop to be able to handle more graphic intensive games in case I ever want to get one, but I'm not a hardcore gamer.

As for my price range: I currently have 2k (USD) to my name, but I'd much rather not use it all if possible. I was saving it for something else, but a laptop is much more important to me.

If there are any other questions I'll do my best to answer.
If building a laptop would be better, I'll need a lot of help with what specs/parts would be best.

Is the MSI so much better than the Ienovo Y580 that it is worth the price difference or is there little difference between the two?

Faster HDD, faster GPU, and double the RAM. For Minecraft it isn't worth almost double the price because you can give it a better HDD/SSD and more RAM later.

Back
Top Bottom