Need help finding Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobo_man

In Runtime
I just bought a Hp Pavilion dv6308ca Notebook that came with Vista. I personally don't like Vista, so I installed Windows Xp Pro. I just realized that I can't find the original drivers that came with my laptop. The ones they offer on the HP Support site are all for Windows Vista and are incompatible with XP. They did however, have a link for the Windows XP Pro drivers, but it doesn't have all the drivers (eg: audio, graphics..)
I tried searching the manufacturers' sites for drivers, but I can't seem to find on their site.

I still need:
Conexant High-Def Audio Driver (Tried their site but it seems like they don't offer the download)
NVIDIA Geforce Go 6150 Chipset and Graphics (Tried site as well but for some reason, I couldn't find this model on their "search")
Conexant Modem Driver (Also couldn't find the download on their site)

Can someone provide me alternative sites which will offer these driver downloads? Thanks.

try the device identifier.. to see if your searching for the right thing... but post back with the new ones, or if they are the same...

i tried that...

for some reason for the Go drivers.. theres only 7 series.. oddness...

AH ha. I tried the windows site. I have the nvidia drivers now..
I still need the audio driver and modem though. What's device identifier?

Though, I'm pretty sure it's the Conexant audio driver..If I go to the Hp site for drivers for my model, that's the one that they offer to download for Vista.

Omg so many...what am I looking for exactly? Is it the Audio Codecs for audio driver? ANd the modem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom