Need Help Deciding

HingleMcCringleBerry

Beta member
I'm looking to buy a decent laptop for gaming and school purposes. I generally do lots of multitasking (e.g alt tabbing games, video editing, youtube, surfing web)

So after quite a long time of searching I ran across these three laptops.

Newegg.com - MSI CX61 0NF-257US Notebook Intel Core i5 3210M(2.50GHz) 15.6" 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M.

Amazon.com: Acer Aspire V3-571G-9686 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Acer Aspire V3-771G-6851 17.3-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories

Edit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131393 I just found this, not really sure where it stands compared to the other quad core though.

While the first and third are quite similar I'm not sure the difference between the NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M and the 640M. And for the second choice as it is slightly more expensive ($30) it's also a quad-core but it has less GHz (2.2 while the others are 2.5)

Please give me your 2 cents here (which do you think has best value?), I'm not quite sure which to go with. Or if you know of any other deals within this price range let me know.

Last edited:
Well I am unsure about the Samsung due to the fact I do not know how Radeon stack up against Nvidia gpu but out of the Nvidia models I would go with the MSI, yeah the acer have better cpu but a i5 with a better gpu will help if you are doing some serious video editing not to mention MSI is a better quality then Acer as far as how long it will last you.

Back
Top Bottom