Need help with CPU fan power

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesx4911

In Runtime
I thought the fan went dead so I bought a new fan, when it finally came I plugged it in only for it not to work. So I took the new fan and hooked power up to it and it worked fine. So I came to the conclusion that the port on the motherboard is dead. Can I get like a converter to go from a 4 prong to a 3 prong so I can just plug my fan somewhere else? I do not what to replace the motherboard, or repair it. Just want a simple fix. Please help me out, pics and links will help :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/Mike4911/edited.jpg

Hello,

Not sure what kind of adapter you have in mind, but regardless, there wouldn't be anywhere on the motherboard where you'd be able to plug it up to.

What laptop do you have, and what are your system temperatures? Are you sure that the fan is kaput, and that it is not idling as per normal operating procedure?

I had in mind getting an adapter so I could plug the fan up to a different port the one I circled and just get a splitter. So i can keep the existing plug in there as well. THe laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1520 So what kinda solutions do I have? It seems retarded to have to replace the motherboard or fix that spot when there so many other spots to get power from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom