Need to get a awesome gaming/vid editing laptop - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Need to get a awesome gaming/vid editing laptop

Can some experts on this forum help me put together an awesome hardcore gaming laptop with medium video editing req... i have a budget of 1500$ MAX! thanks for the help.. preferably 15"

Old 10-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: Need to get a awesome gaming/vid editing laptop

Newegg.com - ASUS G Series G51J-A1 NoteBook Intel Core i7 720QM(1.60GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 640GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M - Laptops / Notebooks

best laptop for 1500 hands down. i7, gtx260m and comes with win7, you're good to go.

Just remember that this thing won't be good whatsoever on the go, battery life will probably an hour max.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

thanks.. but would building one from scratch have better mods for the same price?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

The only real option to build one from scratch is an MSI or ASUS barebones kit which are expensive and don't really offer you much in the way of customization. You're better off with laptops to buy a preconfigured one, or even go online and customize one online, but I feel like that ASUS I linked is the best you'll find for your price range.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

**** i was gonna order it tonight.. but looks like it's out of stock =(
Old 10-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Amazon.com: ASUS G51J-A1 15.6-Inch Blue Gaming Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium): Computer & Accessories

Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

<3 thanks.. will get back to u if something happens. or post some more deals if u find =) thanks!

Closed Thread