Need a College Laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, you aren't playing WoW when you are supposed to be studying. :p

A friend on here has tthis exact laptop and loves it:

ThinkPad X220 12.5" Laptop | Shop | Lenovo | US

It has excellent battery life, and packed with goodness.

+1. I have had my x220 for a year now and absolutely love it. If you do get one be sure to spend the extra $50 to get the Premium LCD Display, it is an IPS panel and one of the best displays available in a laptop.

I would also go for the 9 cell battery, it doesn't make the system to large or heavy and you can get 9-10 hours of battery life from it.

Here is another link in case you need it, the original doesn't seem to work for me.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=20E990072AB74EA5EA87218BF129CC11&action=init

The only thing is I was considering at least an i5 processor. For that reason, would you recommend something more like the Lenovo T420 or a different brand?

You can get an i5 or i7 in the x220. IMO the T420 is a downgrade, it isn't any faster, has worse battery life, and a vastly inferior screen.

+1. I have had my x220 for a year now and absolutely love it. If you do get one be sure to spend the extra $50 to get the Premium LCD Display, it is an IPS panel and one of the best displays available in a laptop.

I would also go for the 9 cell battery, it doesn't make the system to large or heavy and you can get 9-10 hours of battery life from it.

Here is another link in case you need it, the original doesn't seem to work for me.

ThinkPad X220 12.5" Laptop | Shop | Lenovo | US

You can get an i5 or i7 in the x220. IMO the T420 is a downgrade, it isn't any faster, has worse battery life, and a vastly inferior screen.

That is to true lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom