Right, i am currently torn between 2 laptops, price is not an issue unless it diverges by more than 400 dollars
the asus g74
Newegg.com - MSI G Series GT780DX-406US Notebook Intel Core i7 2670QM(2.20GHz) 17.3" 12GB Memory DDR3 750GB HDD 7200rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570M
and the MSI G-series
(is it the computer featured here?
, if not, where can i find it ><)
i can upgrade either to 16 gb with salvaged RAM cards
now, i am unsure of the exact performance of each. so now questions:
1. Is a 3gb GTX 560 better or a 1.5 gb GTX 570? if the video is anything to go by, the differences in performance are insignificant, but i am unsure if the model in said video are different
2. How would i add an SSD. I am ordering this: Enthusiasts | Solid State Drives | SSDNow Hyper X | Kingston
. Can i just migrate the data (software included in the order) and slot it in? will the computer work fine with an SSD and a HDD? or do they have to be seperate? (hopefully i can utilize a HDD for storage and the SSD for running startup/programs, unsure if this is possible)
3. Does anyone know how loud the MSI G is? because i know the ASUS computer is literally whisper quiet.
4. Is there anything wrong with either of the items? (specs i could have missed that decrease performance)
5. what are your personal opinions on which is better? (currently i'm favoring MSI simply because of the fancy keyboard xD)
6. are there any issues with either model that are common and i should be aware of?