Need Advice Fast Please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunoboy

Baseband Member
:confused: Just bought a COMPAQ PRESARIO C700 FOR MY DAUGHTER FOR UNI. Has Vista Home Edition. Was setting it up for here last night, added the cpu and temp gadget to the Vista dock bar. With an idle CPU this thing says its running at 65%-70% c !!! Surely this is way too hot , even for a laptop. I have no experience with laptops and very little with Vista. Thats why i hope someone will fill me in quick so i can get it back to she shop asap. Thanks all . Brunoboy.

sounds like a program malfunction, download a different temp reader. Im not sure what you ment about the temp gadget but if you were messing around with the cpu it is possible u messed up the thermal paste.

Thanks Luke, This things straight out of the box hasn't been moved from desk, etc. Haven't touched a thing except get rid of norton and put a different antivirus. Havn't been into the bios or anything . Its only 3-4 days old.

Sorry false alarm. Its actually a cpu and ram reading gadget in the Vista SIDEDOCK !! The Ram meter looks like a temp meter. Sorry all !!

Haha, sorry I wasn't online when this was posted. I could tell it was ram right when I saw you put a percentage (%) sign after the temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom