Need advice on choosing a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcLaughlin

Baseband Member
So I have 500$-600$ to spend. I want this laptop for college. I want something that is fast and durable. I can always get another hard-drive if I need more space. I burn a lot of CDs and DVDs. I want something that has a decent graphics card as well. I just want movies and hulu to look good. Something that will allow me to set my screen resolution higher than 1280x1024. I don't play games on my computer, so I don't need an excellent graphics card.

I am currently interested in this laptop:

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS5735-6694 NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T6400(2.00GHz) 15.6" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR2 667 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel GMA 4500MHD - Laptops / Notebooks

Thanks a bunch!!!!

I can't think of any particular models that are on the market right now, but I really like Dell. The restore disc(s) they give you are Windows install discs rather than factory restore discs, so no junkware if you happen to re-install. Plus they work with any Dell that came with whatever version of Windows it is (sometimes others, but not always). I also admire them for offering computers that run Ubuntu GNU/Linux!

If your off to school... might I recommend the Vostro:

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

Upgrade the video and it comes out to 579.00... but you get the warrenty and all that to go with it... if you really wanted to you could upgrade to the 2 or 3 year service if you have the money, but this are pretty good machines for the money and not a lot of bloatware on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom