Mysterious Gateway FX

azor7878

Baseband Member
Hi guys, i want to find drivers for my friend's laptop but we can't find the model number, i know it's Gateway FX, i know it looks more or less like this:
q:100

She send me a picture of the bottom of it and a speccy screen but i can't find it anywhere.
9KY8Bz3.jpg

qfWLHWk.jpg

W650I Not sure if that's an i or an L though.... Says it right below gateway in the second picture...

This.

If you can't find the drivers for it on Gateway's website...then you'll have to find drivers individually, which you can do with the following:

Open up Device Manager

On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab

Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

This.

If you can't find the drivers for it on Gateway's website...then you'll have to find drivers individually, which you can do with the following:

Open up Device Manager

On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab

Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.
From what i found W650i seems to be a motherboard used in multiple Gateway laptops...
If i could do as you say i would but my friend will be in town for only one day so i would like to have all the drivers downloaded before i start, i can't leave her laptop in not working condition if i realize half-way that i can't find some of the drivers.

Well since Gateway's site doesn't list the W650I, nor does it list any FX series laptops in their driver download page...the option I provided may be the best option.

Are you trying to reinstall Windows on it, or just wanting to install missing drivers?

You can use the VEN and DEV #'s I mentioned in my last post and look up the corresponding part model here: PCI Vendor and Device Lists

A lot of times they have a download link to the proper driver; otherwise you can then go to the component manufacturer site and lookup the device model and get the correct driver for the OS you have.

Back
Top Bottom