My sister first Laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, my sister just ran into a bunch of money cause of taxes, and she wants to take me to bestbuy with her tomorrow to pick her out a good reliable laptop. her budget is 800-1,000 bucks... i saw acouple at bestbuy but wasn't sure what the best brand is out right now... i just wanted to know people opions or if someone has purchased one and liked it etc just wanted some feedback on some nice ones, and no im not ordering from newegg sense she wants it now and dont want it to be shipped, shes needing a DVD burner.. i would figure atleast 2gb for a new laptop... a decent size 120gb harddrive... what would you guys prefer?

Well 2gig of ram is perfectly fine for a laptop, dual core is a must these days an DVD-RW drives are standard to. Try an find out what kind of wireless card it has N wireless is becoming more popular so if you get a laptop that supports that natively it would be a advantaged.

Get a laptop with a 80gb+ hard drive anything below is going to fill up fast, I would how ever recommend you get a external hard drive for back ups, and also get a mouse the touch pad is ok for a short time but it can get annoying.

As far as brands go, Philips, HP and Toshiba are the best laptops you can by in a shop, good featured an for the most part built very well. Sony VAIO laptops are not worth the cash an i have seen so many of them returned because they are so fragile an tend to shed keys quickly, as do apples an advent laptops.

Hope that helps.

Not bad for the price, I have little experience with acer as a company so i can't say anything good about them nor can i say anything bad. One little tip is to try typing on it first if you can if you feel the keyboard felx to much it's a sure sign that it will be sheding keys.

Well, my sister just ran into a bunch of money cause of taxes, and she wants to take me to bestbuy with her tomorrow to pick her out a good reliable laptop. her budget is 800-1,000 bucks... i saw acouple at bestbuy but wasn't sure what the best brand is out right now... i just wanted to know people opions or if someone has purchased one and liked it etc just wanted some feedback on some nice ones, and no im not ordering from newegg sense she wants it now and dont want it to be shipped, shes needing a DVD burner.. i would figure atleast 2gb for a new laptop... a decent size 120gb harddrive... what would you guys prefer?

If it's a first laptop, and she want's it to visit websites, and not for a gaming aspect.. I recommend an Acer.
Very user friendly, some quite nice functions, so might make it a bit more special.

A nice Acer laptop for a first computer..

Hope that helped at-all.

It's PERFECT!

Well, just got home LATE last night, after gettin my sisters laptop and setting everything up on it for her, the one she got at bestbuy is perfect! 17inch screen.. she didnt want a small one apparently.. but it runs good. but if your in the market for a good quality computer, that you just wanna burn CD's and do paper work or surf the web daily this is a nice laptop for the money, it was 799 but with the 3 year warranty it went up to around 1200 bucks.. warranty was 299. but its worth it sense she does have kids that are wild lol...

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with AMD Turion™ 64 X2 - Onyx Blue - P205D-S7802

Re: It's PERFECT!

Ha, that's a pretty average buy, glad she liked it ;)

Re: It's PERFECT!

Please don't start a new thread for this, it could have been posted in your existing one.

Edit: I merged it with the existing thread.

I personally like dells for laptops. I got a vostro 1000

dual core mobile 1.7ghz
1 gig ram
120GB HD
15.4 screen
Xp pro
Wireless wi-fi card
Decent intergrated card

For 550 Clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back