Is my laptop good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelaz

Beta member
Well I am not sure if many of you ever have, or play the new version of America's Amry 3, I guess it uses and Unreal 3 Engine...whatever that is.

So this is my problem. I can barely run the game on the lowest settings and at the resolution of 1024x768.

I have nothing running in the background as well.

My Specs:

DuoCore2, 2.20 GHZ
3 gigs of Ram
256 mb Nvidia 8600M GT

What gives guys, and how can I change things... as in settings and/or tweaking...

I can barely look around or move aboug in the game.

Your video card is pretty low... While it says an 8600gt, being a mobile, it performs, and is made like a 8400gt desktop model.

You should also check your temps, the 8'serieds modile gpus, really heated up alot... infact some melted the casings and wrecked mobo.

^Wow. I never saw the melting, lol.

What OS are you running? have you looked in "msconfig" and see what programs run at startup?

Your GPU is the culprit here. While it is certainly better than an integrated Intel GPU, it is certainly not a gaming GPU. I suppose some things worth looking into would be installing the latest nvidia drivers, lowering your resolution to 800x600, etc. I would not hold out hope that the game is going to perform decently at moderate graphics settings on that graphics chip.

what am I looking for in MS config?

What settings can I play with to increase FPS?

And what opitions do I have in upgrading the card?

Thanks Guys! You Rock!

msconfig, any programs tht are running in the background you have no use for.

You can't update that card in your laptop, I believe. If it's integrated, you need to buy a new laptop. If it is not integrated, it is hard to find the exact same size as yours, and cooling will be a big problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom