My laptop is getting really hot. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
I have been having a problem with my laptop it is a Dell Inspiron 1100, Almost 5 Year old and about a hour to an hour and a half it gets extremely hot. Sometimes is shuts down and says its to hot.

I don't know what I should do. I was thinking it had something to do with fans and maybe I should replace the fans in my laptop, what do you guys think.

All is apreciated, Thanks

I'd say it sounds like you need new thermal pate, too. THis is pretty easy to do, just buy a tube of Arctic Silver 5. You can get instructions on removing the CPU from Dell's site--it's in your lappy's service manual.

Your fans are defiantly just clogged with dust. Get yourself one of those little laptop air cans, and spray it onto your fans. Dust is a huge problem for laptops even if you can't see it, it's probably there.

keep the bottom ventilated my laptop shoots up pretty high if left for an hour or so on a bad surface which can be anything soft and even a table if left long enough

If you feel confident enough, I'd pull the whole laptop apart and use some compressed air or canned air and blow it all out. Get all the dust off the fans, heatsinks, and everything. Then, I'd do like peter said and replace the thermal paste with something good like AS5. You'd have to scrape off whatever is on there now and replace it using the instructions on Arctic Silvers website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom