Is my ASUS running too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwichtenberg

Solid State Member
Hey guys, just a concerned laptop user worrying about the safety of my computer!

What I have:
ASUS N53S- V
Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.0GHz
4GM RAM
1GB dedicated video card (Nvidia Geforce GT540M)

What's the problem?
Both Speccy and Core Temp are telling me that my resting CPU and Motherboard temperatures are around 45-50 degrees Celsius. (Hard Drives at 36-40 degrees at rest) Seems a bit high to even start with.
And when playing a game (Skyrim in this case), the temperatures of both the CPU and Motherboard (and Hard Drives) skyrocket to around 70+ degrees Celsius! Is this too hot? Am I endangering my laptop?

I already purchased a laptop cooler, its on its way.

But i'm wondering if its something I'M doing wrong?
Thanks guys!

45-50C is normal for laptops. Due to it's small capacity for ventilation. 70C, on load, is not hot at all. It is a bit hot yes, but not dangerously high. If it his around 75C, you will have a problem.

A laptop cooler can do wonders. Just wondering, what one did you get?

Thank you for the info.

I ordered the Cooler Master Notepal U2 Notebook Cooler.

I've heard wonderful things about it from friends. And the movable fans sold me.
Any advice as to WHERE I should position the fans, though?

Where ever your laptop gets hottest. If you know where the CPU and GPU are located, that would be your best bet. If not, you can play skyrim, or any game that makes the laptop hot, and feel for the hottest spot. That is the area most likely where the CPU/GPU are at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom