my acer aspire 7720 g hangs when I start it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramdude

Baseband Member
Hi - I'd say I'm advnced noob, I can do a few things lie install a hd ram and a g card - anyway -
my acer aspire 7720 g hangs when I start it up from cold -

when I turn it off and on agian it 'll start up but sometimes it goes to startup repair (which does nothin aprt from a restore and takes ages)

I installed win 7 in november so its not the os its must be the bios

I found teh bios driver and apparently this is an issue with acer's -- however this is a newish laptop - bought in april 09 soo

flashing the bios is scary + I havent dont it before + theres alot of work on this machine -

what do you advise ?

thanks

Ugh.... thats something I dread, wonder and severly PRAY DOESN'T HAPPEN!

I believe, alot of newer setups have a fail safe backup bios, incase this does happen. In the off case it does, and get a boot failure, the backup kicks in an starts up.

Honest though I'm not sure if ACER does this, but believeing it takes some of the scare away ;)

The whole flash process was 30secs, so unlike old dos/.cmd line flashes, Its relitively no time at all.

I'd not be afraid.

so it may or may not mess up my computer - Ill leave it then - BTW how long do you think is reasonable to won a laptop before thinking of buying a new one - Ive had miine for a year - or a desktop

I highly doubt you'll mess it up, odds are very very low for having an issue.

When the system no longer works for what you do with it. My acer is a year and a half now i believe, but my desktop is basically 2.5yrs old..

Thats when I change... Money comes and goes with me so I need "rainy day" money for slow periods.

Others on here buy new setups/cpus all the time.

First thing is first, BACK UP YOUR DATA!!!

Do not work on your OS without backing up your data, you're asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom