Multiple Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisjo612

Beta member
Hi, I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Vista (32), and was using a Dell monitor as a second monitor. For some reason one day when I came in the desktop descided not to be visible on the monitor any longer. It picks up that there is a monitor there, and lets me extend the desktop onto it, and the monitor registers that it is connected too, but if I try and move anything over to the second monitor nothing is displayed on it, it just remains black. It doesnt even show my desktop background on the screen. I have tried many things to fix it including upgrading the drivers for my laptop and the monitor, restoring my computer to a previous point from when it did work, and I have tried using other monitors and using my monitor in other computers. Other monitors also had the same problem in my computer, and my monitor worked fine in other people's laptops, so the problem is definitely something to do with my computer.

Please help if you can suggest something else I can try, or what the problem is :)

Reinstall your video card drivers (uninstall the old ones first, then do a fresh install). Check the cables (HDMI or VGA) to make sure it's connected. Turn the monitor off and back on. If you have an nVidia card, try the nVidia control panel, use Catalyst if you have ATi. Both of those control panels have monitor options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom