MSI CR600 HDMI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrowookie

Baseband Member
Hey all, have a question with my laptop's HDMI output. For some reason everytime I connect a HDMI cable from my laptop to my 32" Sharp LCD TV to try to watch something on a bigger screen, I can only seem to get video displayed on the tv and no audio at all. Now with that being said, at one time I did get both to the tv and then after an windows update I can't seem to get the audio anymore. I know all about the sound thing where you have to go to the sound options in playback and set the HDMI audio output as default. But when I do that for some reason the video through my windows media player will not play the video on either the laptop or the tv. It only says "resume".

What am I doing wrong? And how come it used to work and not anymore?

Also around the time it was working, I remembered that in the sound playback tab there were three options 1. Speakers(default), 2. Realtek HD Audio output and, 3. HDMI Audio Output.

Now all there is are the speakers and HDMI, no Realtek.

Please help.

Thanks,
Afrowookie

1. What version of Windows are you using?

2. Have you checked the disabled audio devices to see if the Realtek has been disabled?

3. Have you downloaded the Realtek audio drivers? On my last laptop, I had to manually set the HDMI mode from SPDIF mode in Realtek's software, for any audio from HDMI.

hi thanks for the reply,

I am using windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. i will check the disabled audio devices to see if the realtek is disabled and if so, i will enable it or download a new driver.

lastly did you mean change it from or to spdif mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom