Motherboard Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks
Closed Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Motherboard Question

So a long time ago I had stopped using my HP DV5-1235dx because the charger port had stopped working. At some points I wiggled the connector in the port while the battery was in and it charged. The laptop will NOT work without the battery in, so I know its the port and not the cord or the battery. I bought the replacement port to have soldered in but I don't have soldering supplies anymore. So now I am moving onto looking at new options. I was looking into buying the complete motherboard and slapping that in there. But I have a question that someone may be able to help me out on. Do the motherboards usually come with this port on them? It seems reasonable..

I have looked at some of the pictures from the websites selling this product and none of them have seemed to have a good angle at the charger port part of the board.

HP 504642-001 is the replacement part number.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Motherboard Question

If you are buying the board, everything should be included. I never played with laptop motherboards that extremely.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 12-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: Motherboard Question

well that is what I am assuming..but the picture is always of the opposite side of the board..
Closed Thread