Mobility Radeon HD 2600XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Is it possible to buy the Mobility Radeon HD 2600XT? I've been looking everywhere and nobody seems to stock them. I currently have a stock Asus PRO31P, T7200 (2ghz Core Duo), 2gb RAM, 120gb HDD, 7300GO gfx card. I'm wanting to upgrade my graphics card so i can play almost everything around.
I now use my laptop as my main computer and just plug it into my 22" widescreen, keyboard and mouse whenever I want to watch a movie, tv or play games.
Obviously the only thing letting me down in that department is my graphics card. So if anyone sees them for sale, please let me know. I'm in Australia, I don't mind if it comes from the US, just check that they ship to Australia, as I know new egg doesn't.

Sometimes you can. Your laptop might be able to since I think Asus does use modular graphics cards in many of their barebones laptops. You'd have to order it from them directly, though, so you'd have to call them and see what they offer. Most likely you'll be limited to an nvidia chip and probably a 7600 at that since your chipset is nvidia--that's usually the way these things work but it's still worth the call.

Ahh ok I see then, what is the best Nvidia chip you can get for laptops? I saw there was a GO 7950GTX which was about the same specs as the current model 512mb 7950GT (which ive got in my normal pc at the moment). Anyway i'll give asus a call and see what they quote me. Thanks for the advice.

There is also the issue that Asus may not supply distributor contacts to a single customer. Typically companies such as Asus, as manufacturers, only supply this sort of purchasing information to companies who carry thier product.

Possibly--I've never tried anything like this before. Dell used to be very good about such things so hopefully companies like Asus and MSI will be too.

Ah, but Dell is not an actual manufacturer like Asus and MSI. Where I work we have little problems getting Dell parts when we need them, but MSI has proven time and time again to be a headache. We could not even deal with their product directly without filling out a number of forms involving the credit levels and credability of our company.

So in saying that, would it be better off if I contact a company who stocks ASUS as they deal with asus, they could theoretically order off them. I originally bought the product from David Jones so do you think I should contact them and ask them if they can order parts from ASUS direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom